We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Subtotalling doesnt work well when grouping on columns with empty cells

Hi,

We have found this issue with subtotaling where the column used for grouping contains cells that are empty. In cases like this, the subtotal is not applied to the group of cells that does not have a value…This is expected even in Excel, however the issue is that when the subtotal is applied, the Subtotal() method does not seem to group the last group in the given range.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate the issue and as well as an input file “input with a named range called target table.xlsx”. The input file has a separate worksheet called “Subtotaling Settings” that the mini project uses as a reference for creating the subtotals. The range being subtotaled is in the “Sheet1” worksheet.

I have attached a screenshot circling the group that should be subtotaled but isn’t.

Hi,


Thanks for the sample project with the template file.

I have checked your project and template file, it looks like you have posted us the wrong project as your code only filters data and does apply data sorting to it and it does not apply Subtotal function. Could you look into it and give us more details and probably with an updated project to evaluate your issue properly on our end. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry I have zipped up the wrong folder. I have zipped up the correct folder and attached it to this reply.
I’m not sure I can add anymore details other than what I have already attached earlier and this correct zip file. If you have a question in mind please do ask.

Hi,

If you compare the attached screenshots you can see what I mean by the last group not being subtotaled.

Hi,


Thanks for the updated sample project with screen shots.

After an initial test, I have noticed the issue as you mentioned by running your newly attached project with your template file. We need to evaluate your issue in details. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41871” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.1.3 and let us know your feedback.