SUM in SQL code gives empty cells

Hello,

Here is the issue I am having with the latest version of ASPOSE cells for reporting services.

If I embed a SQL query with a SUM and a GROUP By the SUM columns are empty when I refresh the spreadsheet.

If I run the same template and remove the SUMs and Group By the data appears.

If I edit the template in Report Builder after it was uploaded by aspose,
-> right click on dataset
-> choose query
-> Click the Calc button (!)
-> the data appears for sums

If It then RUN the template then the data appears, so it looks like it is an encoding issue from Aspose.

I have encluded both version of the template for your reference,

thanks,

Charlie

SUM in Query.zip (14.7 KB)

@Charlie.R,

Thanks for the RDL files.

Did you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for RS v18.2 if it makes any difference:

Could you also provide rendered Excel files (one via Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and other via built-in renderer), we will log appropriate ticket(s) for your issue into our database.

@Amjad_Sahi

I am currently testing on Aspose 18.2.0.0

I have attached an XLS output for both file:
SUM in Query XLS output.zip (12.3 KB)

I can use Aspose to render the XLSX for both without an issue, the issue seems to be in the initial code that generates the data for the report.

thanks,

Charlie

@Charlie.R,

Thanks for the Excel files.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSRS-522” for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@Charlie.R

We tried running two report definition files and found your mentioned issues.

We try create the same as report definition file and it is normal. But we cannot get the same data set as AUM_BY_INS.rdl.

Now we share our create process of report definition file.

Please share how to create AUM_BY_INS.rdl.

Download Link:
MS-Word Document - CELLSRS-522.zip (1.9 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-522) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi