Summary wrong for Excel95 / 19.5.0

Hey,

I think the summary description for FileFormatType.Excel95 is wrong.

It says:
“Represents an Excel95 xls file.
The file format ist not supported”

But you’re supporting it. :slight_smile:

@mservdev,

Yes, we recently supported MS Excel 95 XLS file format but only reading file is supported at the moment, see the supported file formats for your reference:

Where you see this summary description, please provide details, we will check and fix it.

You find it at Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel95 Enum.

@mservdev,
I have checked this enumerator and observed that its descriptions seems fine. Consider the following sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(FileFormatType.Excel95);
wb.Save("test.xls");
Aspose.Cells.FileFormatInfo fmtType = Aspose.Cells.FileFormatUtil.DetectFileFormat("test.xls");
Console.WriteLine(fmtType.FileFormatType);

If you check the output using the latest version, you will observe that its Excel97To2003 which shows that although Excel95 is there in the enum, you cannot create Excel95 files. Please give it a try and share your feedback.

Sorry for the confusion, I’m just trying to point out that the summary describes that Excel95 is not supported but it is.

//
// Summary:
// Represents an Excel95 xls file.
//
// Remarks:
// The file format is not supported

Update the remark or delete the word “not”. Possible solution would also be: “The file format is only supported for reading” or something.

@mservdev,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, we will update the remarks (in the source .xml file (Aspose.Cells.xml)) accordingly.

Thank you :slight_smile:

@mservdev,

You are welcome.