We have a process that pulls certain sized images from a PDF file and processes them for OCR text. During my testing of PDF images I have found that some take longer than others to be processed. And it doesn’t appear to be any one size. However I have come across an extracted image that when processed never returns, well I say never returns but after 30 minutes I am not waiting any longer as that is too long for our users to wait for processing. We are processing all images as Bitmap images.
I have attached the image in question.
We are using the latest library - runtime version v2.0.50727.
Why is this occurring? We purchased a license already because the preliminary testing during the eval process performed well. But this is occurring with just about any PDF we process on at least one image.
Thank you for contacting Aspose support.
Unfortunately, we are unable to replicate the performance problem as discussed in your post. Please note, we have used the latest version of Aspose.OCR for .NET 2.0.0 (along with its corresponding resource archive) to evaluate the said issue on our end. The test was carried out while targeting the project to compile with 2.0 & 4.0 versions of .NET Framework. The process took almost 33 & 29 seconds respectively to return the results. However, the results are not correct as per the text in the provided image, but we are unable to replicate the performance lapse on our side, therefore we would request you to please give a try to the latest version of Aspose.OCR for .NET 2.0.0. In case the problem persist, please provide a sample project to replicate the issue.
Looking forward to your test results.