Support Drawing functions in Aspose.Cells for Xamarin Android/iOS

When saving existing Excel document in my storage, the images contained in the sheet are not preserved (the sheet contains an image)

Should these be added programmatically?

I am developing the project on Android Xamarin Thank you

@lokorroko,
The image shall be maintained in the output Excel file and no extra statement is required. Like following sample code shall copy the images as well.

Workbook wb = new Workbook(path + "Book1.xlsx");
wb.Save(path + "output.xlsx");

Please share your complete solution, the template Excel file and output Excel file with us along with the environment details. Also ensure that you are using the latest version and respective dll for Android Xamarin project.

Image not preserved
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YimK3GJqxtr0N9-Y_RIhbI6mpQQVXZ_5

@lokorroko,
I am trying your sample project but need little assistance to reproduce the problem. When I try to access path “/storage/emulated/0/Excel/”, I get the following exception:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException has been thrown
Could not find a part of the path “/storage/emulated/0/Excel/Excel_Old.xlsx”.

Could you please assist how you configured this path in your development environment? Also, share your operating system details with us.

My physical device on which I run my tests is a SAMSUNG A10

Hence my path in the main storage of my device and I believe in the Excel folder:
/storage/emulated/0/Excel/Excel_Old.xlsx

My operating system is Windows 7 SP1

I work with Visual Studio and I am testing with Android.

@lokorroko,
Thank you for the feedback. We are analysing this information and will write back soon to share our feedback.

@lokorroko,
We have analysed the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNETCORE-43 – Images are not preserved while saving Excel file in Android Xamarin project

@lokorroko,

Well, Aspose.Cells for Xamarin Android/iOS does not support drawing functions yet. This is due to the fact that System.Drawing for Xamarin Android/iOS implementation is empty:

thanks for your help

If I work with PDF will it be possible for them to be preserved?

@lokorroko,
As rendering of images is required while saving the Excel file to PDF, therefore it is also not possible.