Support for filtering IFC Conversion using Aspose.CAD for .NET

Hi there,

we just looked at Apose.CAD and we are interested in the IFC-Renderer.
Well IFC’s only Format purpose is for Building-Sites-Data-Workflow.

Question 1: How can i get a Tree of the Objects being rendered?
Question 2: How can i select which Objects should be rendered?

Explanation:
e.g. Our Customers are often building complex sites like Hospitals or big Condos…
what we dont need is a rendering of the whole building …
what we need are renderings of sections … e.g. First Floor, Second Floor … this Room.
To achieve this we need to be able to show the Object-Tree an IFC is representing and let the customer select which items he want to render.

usual the ifc is structed by a tree made up of “IfcSpatialStructureElement”-Items…

i am looking forward for your answer :slight_smile:

@agrotz,

I have tried understanding the requirements shared by you and have not been able to completely understanding them. I request you to please share the sample files along with snapshots of requirements that you ought to achieve using Aspose.CAD. We will investigate that on our end to help you further in this regard.

IFC - 3D - Objects are based on a Tree (Parent->Child) …
For IFC to make sense you have to select which Items of the Tree have to be rendered.

e.g. if you watch at: http://www.ifcwiki.org/images/9/98/AC20-Institute-Var-2.ifc

you can see this: (an entire building)
render1.JPG (121.4 KB)

but what you want to render is this: (a sub section of the items-tree)
render2.jpg (165.0 KB)

due to the fact the IFC is all about Building-Details that tree-based-filtering is a missing link to use it.
the architekts are using high level renderer for the finished-3d-building-rendering … but e.g. we just need to render the floors or a single room.

i have seen you implemented Layers for DXF … so i guess a Items-Tree where we can get a few item details (ID,Description,…) an having a Visible-Property would be great.

If you need further clarification … just ask :slight_smile:

greetings Andreas

@agrotz,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present the requested support is unavailable in API. A ticket with ID CADNET-731 has been created as in our issue tracking system as a new feature request. Our development team will look into the possibility of implementation of the requested feature. This thread has been associated with this new feature request, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADNET-731) have been fixed in this update.