Support for HEIC files

@Andre123
Yes, we THINK that HEVC codec is not royalty free and you may find the same from open sources.
You may also consider that above mentioned competitor IP notice, in our opinion does not protect their clients for such a case.
Feel free to contact us, if you still need our feedback on subject matter.

I see there is an online converter for heic to other image formats

Do you have a code sample and version this supported in, in your .net libraries?

@davno
Please address your request to Aspose.PDF Product Family - Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How Interesting …you lecture me on the issues around licensing HEIC conversion BUT at the same time you offer an online option to convert HEIC files to a number of formats.

@Andre123
As I’ve mentioned earlier this option is offered by another product of our company and I’m not aware regarding implementation details.

Hmm Well how about you make an effort and find out and respond appropriately to your customers

@Andre123, We may update you only in respect of Aspose.Imaging Aplications and On premise solutons, which do not support HEVC for now. All the rest you may address to the appropriate product forums.

What are you talking about , what is HEVC???

@Andre123, HEIC is based on the HEIF file format and uses the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard (also known as H.265) for achieving compact file size without compromising quality. When an image is taken on iOS device (such as IPhone, IPad, or MacOS), it is stored as HEIC file to these devices. HEIC is a container format that can store single or multiple images along with meta data that describes each image. One such example of metadata is EXIF that includes the tagging and metadata information with the image file.

@Andre123 @Hardeep1784 @davno

We are pleased to announce that with our latest update, we have successfully implemented HEIC file decoding support. It is implemented via Aspose.Imaging.HEIC.Adapter and uses Openize.Heic.
Please, make sure you have checked the Openize Licence before using this tool as it contains third-party patents.

That is indeed good news, I will look forward to sales following up and providing a new licence free of charge as promised when and if Aspose ever provided support for HEIC file conversion

Cheers

Andre

~WRD0002.jpg (357 Bytes)

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGNET-5141) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by samer.el-khatib