Support for Mac Excel files

Greetings,

I wanted to find out if Aspose.Cells supports MS Excel files created on Mac platform.

Regards,

Syed

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells does support MS Excel files created on Mac platform.

Thank you Shakeel for your quick reply.

I am currently using Aspose.Cells to work with Excel files. I understand that the ‘HasRevisions’ property can identify whether the ‘Track Changes’ is enabled in the Excel file or not but somehow I am unable to get hold of the value correctly for Excel files that are in ‘Microsoft Office Excel Binary Worksheet’ format. Is this format supported by Aspose or is there another method to identify whether ‘Track Changes’ is enabled in the specific file?

Regards,
Syed

Hi,

Aspose.Cells for .NET does support xlsb (Microsoft Office Excel Binary) format. If you get some problem, then please feel free to post here with some sample project and input file.

We will investigate it and fix it.

paranthelion:
Shakeel, Kindly find attached the XLSB file that is not returning the correct Track Changes value. Regards, Syed

Hi Syed,

I have created an issue for your requirement in our database. We will investigate the issue and update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-28714.

Hi,

Kindly find attached the latest fix v6.0.0.3, your issue should be fixed in it. Let us know if it works fine now.

thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 28714) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Amjad,

I have tried Aspose.Cells version 6.0.0.3 and version 6.0.1.0 but in both cases the workbook.HasRevisions returns false for the sample file that I sent earlier. Can you kindly confirm if this is the case at your end as well?

Thank you.

Regards,
Syed.

Hi,

I think, this issue has not been fixed. I have added your comment and also reopened this ticket.

Hi,

Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v6.0.1.2

We have fixed this issue.