Support for MERGEBARCODE merge field?

Hi,

Can I please also register my interest in the MERGEBARCODE function? I am currently evaluating Aspose with a view to purchase later this year but we would need the ability to dynamically generate QR codes based on dynamic data returned in a mergefield. As I understand it this is not possible using the DISPLAYBARCODE function as you cannot place a MERGEFIELD function inside of the double quotes in this and resolve that first. Please correct me if I am wrong here...

Also, please confirm my understanding that any barcode generation is not possible with Aspose.Words alone, but also requires Aspose.Barcodes? I have tried using DISPLAYBARCODE in Aspose Words and I just get 'Error! Bar code generator is not set.'

Many thanks

Virgil

Hi Virgil,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-11981) and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Secondly, yes any barcode generation is not possible with Aspose.Words alone. You’ll be needing Aspose.Barcode as well. Please check the following article for example:
How to Generate a Custom BarCode Image for DISPLAYBARCODE Field

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11981) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.