Support for .NET Core (aka ASP.NET 5)

I'm evaluating Aspose Total for our corporate document solutions.

I would like to use .NET Core (ASP.NET 5) for these projects, which is being released next month by Microsoft.

So far in my testing, Aspose is not compatible. I can add Aspose.Cells using NuGet, but still get 'missing type' errors for the 'Aspose' and 'Workbook' namespaces. I added a reference to the DLL as recommended by Aspose support (https://forum.aspose.com/t/13123), but that did not help.

Is there a roadmap for Aspose supporting .Net Core? If so, is there a release candidate ready for me to test? I'm under a strict deadline, and need a document solution fast. If I can't get this working within 2 days, I'll either have to drop down to .Net 4.5 or find another API - I'm not happy with either compromise.

BTW - .NET Core is so very nice. Many Aspose customers are going to want this support.

*** EDIT ***

I evaluated Aspose under the 4.5 framework, and it is most excellent! (I've been using OpenXML SDK for years). Since I'm under such a time crunch for this project, I'll continue to develop this solution under 4.5, but I'm still very interested in the .NET CORE framework and it's promise of platform independence.

Hi William,

Yes, it is not supported at the moment. We are in communication with our product team if we can bring it on the roadmap and include it in our near future plans. We will keep you updated.

Best Regards,

Hi William,

.NET Core is not supported by Aspose APIs. New feature requests to support .NET Core in Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Pdf have been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13612, CELLSNET-43816, SLIDESNET-37572 and PDFNET-40993 respectively.

These features require major restructuring and can take considerable time. We will keep you updated on these issues in this thread.

Best Regards,

Any update on this?

@sandcastle,

.NET Core will not be supported by our existing .NET APIs, however, we are working on a new product line targeting .NET Core. I cannot give the exact date but you will see our new products to work with .NET Core very soon. We will keep you updated on this.

@sandcastle, @Bill_Hanson,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13612) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.12 update.

Please also check the following articles:

@Bill_Hanson, @sandcastle

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to inform you that new feature, which request was logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-40993, has been provided in latest version Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.12. Please download latest version of the API and in case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37572) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz