Support for RTL languages

Does Aspose.Slides support RTL languages? Is there any setting in Aspose.Slides that can set the text direct to RTL? If so, can you provide an example?

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present adding RTL text inside text frame’s paragraph is unavailable in Aspose.Slides. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-34279 has already been added in our issue tracking system as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Want to follow up on this issue. Is RTL feature being considered to be worked on? If so, is there any timeline for releasing it? Thanks!

Hi,

I have observed the comments shared by you and regret to share that the feature is not available at the moment. We will share the feedback with you as soon as support will be available in API.

Many Thanks,

I found two old posts regarding the Right To Left language support.
1. In this post, you replied saying that the RTL language support will be available in Q4 of 2013. (<a rel=“nofollow” href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/70511). If it’s available in Java API, is it possible that there is also some kind of workaround in .Net to render RTL language?

Hi Nan,

Can you please share your goal for RTL support. What kind of operation you want to perform rendering of presentation or just reading/writing. Please share feedback with us so that we can help you out.

Best Regards,

Our code only needs to create (write) editable PPTX in all languages. We are able to create editable PPTX using Aspose.Slide product for all LTR languages, but need to find a way to generate PPTX for RTL languages as well. We are open to any suggestions or work around to achieve this goal using existing Aspose.Slide features if the RTL feature won’t be available in the near term.

Please take a look at the two attached pptx files generated using Aspose.Slide product. The one called “Slide_Arabic” is the translated version of the “Slide_English”. And the “Slide_Arabic” still shows the content in the LTR direction instead of the “RTL” direction due to the lack of the RTL support in Aspose.Slide. Our goal is to use Aspose.Slide to generate slides which might contain Text, Table and Chart in the RTL direction if its content is in the RTL language. Thanks!

Hi Nan,

I have observed the links shared by you. You are looking for Left to Right languages support. Whereas the links that you have shared points to setting Left to Right direction of paragraph text. You can try using following sample code on your end but it is not what you are looking for. So, for this reason, I request you to please be patient till the time the feature gets include in API.

public static void AddRightToLeft()
{
//Instantiate PresentationEx
Presentation pres = new Presentation();

//Get the first slide
ISlide sld = pres.Slides[0];

//Add an AutoShape of Rectangle type
IAutoShape ashp = sld.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 150, 75, 350, 250);

//Add TextFrame to the Rectangle
ashp.AddTextFrame(" ");
ITextFrame tf=ashp.TextFrame;
IParagraph para=tf.Paragraphs[0];
para.ParagraphFormat.RightToLeft=NullableBool.True;
para.Text=“Aspose TextBox”;
// para.setText(“Aspose TextBox”);
NullableBool val=para.ParagraphFormat.RightToLeft;

//Write the presentation to disk
pres.Save(“c:\Aspose Data\TextBox.pptx”,Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

Many Thanks,

Thank you for providing the sample code for the setting the RTL option, it does help with the Text content. Our slide also contains Chart using the Aspose.Slide.Chart class. Is there anyway or workaround to render the chart in the RTL format for the RTL languages? Thanks!

Hi Nan,

I have observed your comments and like to share that Aspose.Slides does allow to add custom text for some of chart entities including chart, axis titles and custom chart labels. You can override the their text frames and same above code will be used for thier paragraph as well. However, it is not applicable to other chart elements like automatic labels, legend and chart axis. I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the input. They’re very helpful!

Hi Nan,

You are very welcome.

Best Regards,

Hi Nan,

Can you please inform us that we can close this issue now.

Best Regards,