Support for WMF/EMF images

Hey all,

I asked the same question for the Aspose.Words product here (Support for WMF/EMF - #5 by dragos.cojocari - Free Support Forum - aspose.com)

We are using and Aspose.PDF 2.4.2.8. With
these version we cannot include images in the WMF/EMF Do newer
versions of Aspose.PDF support WMF/EMF and what are those versions?

Thanks and regards,
Dragos

Hello Dragos,

Thanks for using our products.

Aspose.Pdf for Java supports the feature of including WMF/EMF files while generating PDF documents. However, in latest release version, there is some problem while adding WMF/EMF files. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFJAVA-23064. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

As a workaround, you can use Aspose.Metafiles for Java to convert WMF/EMF files into Raster image format i.e. PNG and use Aspose.Pdf for Java to add raster images to the PDF document. For more related information, please visit the following links.

You may also checkout the following video tutorial on converting WMF file to Raster image. Rendering WMF file to Raster Image

In case it does not satisfy your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Does Aspose.Pdf for Java support WMF and EMF now - inserting emf or wmf images into pdf document?

We cannot convert emf or wmf into other type images since we want to keep their high quality.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for Java doesn’t support inserting WMF and EMF images in PDF document. However this feature is supported in Aspose.Pdf for .Net and currently we are working on testing the new release version of Aspose.Pdf for Java, autoported version of Aspose.Pdf for .Net (the code base is ported from Aspose.Pdf for .NET to Java platform), which will provide this feature. We hope to release the new version of Aspose.Pdf for Java within couple of weeks.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,