Support for word 2007 documents- vista and dot net 3.0?

We are looking to move to vista in the future and were wondering does aspose word support word 2007 documents and does it work on vista with dot net 3.0?

Also if this is a future feature is it part of the subscription licence?

Thank you

John Kilmister

Yes, Aspose.Words install and works ok under Vista. There is a minor issue under Vista - when it has VS 2003 installed, Aspose.Words setup fails. Vista with VS 2005 installed does not have this issue. We will fix this problem in the next release. No other problems were reported up-to-now.

Documents generated by Word 2007 in DOC, RTF and Word 2003 XML formats are fully supported by Aspose.Words. Documents in new DOCX format are not supported yet. This support will be implemented later this year.

Aspose.Words is fully compatible with .NET versions from 1.0 to 3.5. Aspose.Words library itself comes in two versions - for .NET 1.1 (also works wih .NET 1.0) and for .NET 2.0 (also works with .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5).

Hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you need any further information and I will be most happy to provide it.

Best regards,

I would like to inform you that saving files in Word 2007 DOCX format is now supported with the new version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Support for opening documents in DOCX format will soon follow.

You can download the new version from here:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards,

I created a very simple doc in Word 2007 with a few headings using the built in heading styles, and saved in the *.doc format rather than the *.docx format. Using the latest version of Aspose.Words (downloaded a few days ago), it still doesn’t seem able to pick up the styles. If I create the same document using Word 2003, then it is recognised. Within the

public override VisitorAction VisitRun(Run run)

function, I am checking

run.Font.StyleIdentifier or

run.ParentParagraph.ParagraphFormat.StyleIdentifier

but this always comes back as the StyleIdentifier.DefaultParagraphFont.

Am I doing something wrong, or is Aspose.Words not functioning correctly for Office 2003 format documents created with Word 2007?

Hi

Thanks for your request. I have tried to check styles of paragraphs in documents created using Word2003 and Word2007. It seems that all works fine. I use the following code for testing.

Document doc = new Document(@"137\_92250\_mick\_macca\Test\_2007.doc");
NodeCollection paragraphs = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Paragraph, true);
foreach (Paragraph par in paragraphs)
{
    StyleIdentifier indent = (par as Paragraph).ParagraphFormat.StyleIdentifier;
}

Also, please attach the document and the code that you use to parse this document. I will try to reproduce your problem.

Best regards.

My apologies - must have tried that with the .docx file, with which neither method worked. Trying again with the 2003 format file, using run.ParentParagraph.ParagraphFormat.StyleIdentifier work, but run.Font.StyleIdentifier does not. Should it work?

public override VisitorAction VisitRun(Run run){
    switch (run.Font.StyleIdentifier){
        case StyleIdentifier.Heading1 :
            //do something
            break;

but the code never gets into any of the heading styles, always comes up as DefaultParagraphFormat.

Hi

Run.Font.Styleidentifier property gets or sets the locale independent style identifier of the character style applied to this formatting. But Paragraph.ParagraphFormat.StyleIdentifier property gets or sets the locale independent style identifier of the paragraph style applied to this formatting.

Also see the following links:

https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/paragraphformat/properties/styleidentifier

https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/font/properties/styleidentifier

you set paragraph style in your document that’s why you get Font.Styleidentifier as DefaultParagraphFont. I think you should use Run.ParentParagraph.ParagraphFormat.StyleIdentifier.

Best regards.