Support For Xamarin.Android or Xamarin.iOS

I tried referencing the Aspose.Pdf library in both a Xamarin Android and iOS application running on mono and receive the error “Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly ‘aspose.latex-1.0.1-net20, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’. Perhaps it doesn’t exist in the Mono for Android profile?”.

Is there any way to support Xamarin’s toolset?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for considering Aspose. I'm afraid currently Aspose doesn't support Android platform. However, we have plan to release Aspose.Pdf for Android in near future. Currently our development team is integrating and testing the product and hopefully after complete testing and documentation we will be able to launch it at the end of Q2, 2013. I've a logged an investigation ticket for Xamarin compatibility testing in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-33454. we will notify you as soon as it is released and gets available for download.

However, in the meantime, there is an alternative for you if it is feasible for your case. I 'd like to introduce you tosaaspose.com. Saaspose is nothing but a cloud version of Aspose, i.e, Aspose libraries have been hosted in cloud and can be used through REST API calls without depending upon any platform. We have recently release an Android SDK as well to ease the use of Saaspose API for Android developers. Please visit the below blog post for more details:

Please feel free to contact us for any further inquiries.

Best Regards,

I too am interested in Xamarin support. Being able to run aspose components in a single code base usable across platforms would be huge.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose. I’ve also linked your request to above mentioned ticket. We will notify you as soon as Aspose.Pdf for Android is released and gets available for download.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi

Is there any update as to:

1. When Aspose.PDF for Android will be available
  2. What the likelihood of support for Xamarin.Android will be

Thanks for any information

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your patience.

We plan to release the initial release of Aspose.Pdf for Android in next couple of months but I am afraid currently I cannot share some accurate timelines by which it will become available. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Greetings!

I'm curious if there's any more information on the release time for Aspose.PDF for Android.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, we are in process of testing our new product, Aspose.Pdf for Android. If every thing goes as per plan and it passes all the tests then hopefully we will be able to launch its initial version soon. However, we will update you via this forum thread as soon as it gets available for download.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

It looks like the Aspose.PDF for Android is available now! That's great. Can anyone there confirm if it will work in Xamarin for Android?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I am testing the compatibility of Aspose.Pdf for Android with Xamarin.Android and will share my findings within this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Is there any update for Xamarin Support for Aspose.PDF, On Android and iOS?

If not, is it possible to use the Aspose PDF for Java library - by binding the .jar file into a Xamarin Visual Studio project? Do you have any reccommended steps or a guide for this method if it is possible?

Or, do you have .DLL files available for Xamarin, that can be added as references to Xamarin projects for Mobile?

Thanks,

@tdickie

We have responded to your similar inquiry in another thread.