We are using Aspose 10.8 for many English document processing but now we need to convert Arabic Docx documents to ODT (OpenOffice documents) and we faced some issues that we couldn’t find a solution for; we tried many workarounds as time limitation didn’t allow us to wait for a bug fix but nothing really worked for us so here we are heading to our last option. The issues are:
1- Arabic documents (which are naturally right-aligned) convert to left-aligned odt documents; one workaround I found is to set the language-direction of the document to "Right" and then justify all text/objects on the document but this can’t be applied in real-world as Arabic documents are right-aligned when composed and we can’t convert each and every document to “Justified” (and modify all the alignment issues that will appear doing so).
2- Textboxes alignment is not consistent and doesn’t show correct. I again tried tens of solutions here but nothing really worked out. To better see this issue (and the other ones) I have attached a docx document (and the converted odt one) and commented all the issues there.
3- Text direction in the Header/Footer sidebar doesn’t flip to vertical (please see the attachments)
The first issue is the major one that disturbs our entire solution though.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Many thanks & Regards,