Support to generate digital signature using Aspose.Slides (Java)

We have a requirement to digitally sign the PPT file. When I scan thru the forums, found the below note stating that PPT files are not supported for digital signatures at the moment.

SLIDESJAVA-33889

Please advise us the current state and updates. Thanks.

@ramanna,

I have verified issue status from our issue tracking system. I regret to inform that issue is postponed due to more priority issues in our product team schedule. I have requested our product team to share further details regarding this issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

thanks for the update. If the issue fix is delayed due to some factors, please let us know if there any alternative method or workaround to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards

@ramanna,

I have verified the issues status from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved owing to blocking limitations in API. I have requested our product team to share the updates in this regard and will share them with you as soon as the feedback will be shared.

As you know we have already purchased the license for ASPOSE.TOTAL, believing that all office products will be supported by the digital signature. Now you guys mention there are limitations in API. From what I understand, the feature was not built rather an issue.

Please let us know if there is any temporary workaround untill you incorporate the feature. Thanks.

@ramanna,

I regret to share that at present there is no workaround that I may offer you at this time. However, I have requested our product team to schedule the issue and will be able to share further feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by them. I request for your patience till the time, further feedback is shared by them.

We are eagerly waiting for your response. Thanks.

@ramanna,

I regret to share that the requested support for digitally signing the presentation is missing owing to internal API limitations. The requested feature may be available tentatively in Aspose.Slides 18.7 which is scheduled by end of July 2018. We request for your patience till the requested time.

Thanks for the update. For the interim solution, can we convert PPT files into WORD/PDF and perform the digital signing? Which is the better option to use without any issues like truncating of data etc.?

Please advise.
Thanks & Regards,

@ramanna,

You may consider any option. Aspose.Slides allows to export presentation to PDF for now and not to MS Words at the moment. You may use Words or PDF as per your convenience.

ok. Please help to send the relevant code to convert PPT file into PDF document. thanks.

@ramanna,

I suggest you to please visit this documentation section for your convenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33889) have been fixed in this update.