I am currently evaluating Aspose.Words and see if it meets my requirements.
I encountered some rendering issues with including SVG files in a word document. I attached a rather simple svg file which renders some text.
If you view the svg in a browser, it looks as I expect. If you drag&drop it into an open Word document, it also looks as expected. If I insert this SVG file with Aspose.Words, using the Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder.InsertImage(string filename) method, the result looks different. Specifically, it seems
• that some whitespace is eliminated,
• that a baseline-shift is not working
• and that font-weight is not working.
I think you should be able to reproduce this issue easily using the attached svg (zipped). Since I make heavy use of svg images, this is a crucial feature for me.
simple.zip (465 Bytes)
I also have two additional questions regarding the conversion to pdf.
- I added an image (png) to the header of a sample word document and inserted page breaks, so the document had 20 pages in the end. I then converted this docx file to a pdf and compared it with a pdf was generated from the same docx but with only 2 pages. The pdf with 20 pages was a little bigger than the one with 2 pages, but it was not 20 times the size of the png image bigger. I assume, you are deduplicating identical images, which is great, as I strive to create pdf documents as small as possible.
- Are you inserting the svg as a vector in pdf or is this converted to a raster image when exported to PDF?
Thanks for your feedback.