SVG with Embedded Images not rendering with images

I have the WordXML file that with embedded SVGs. I modify the SVGs within the file to take a fill pattern of an image. I then save that XML file as a PDF using Aspose.Words. Upon opening the PDF, the SVG just has a solid fill that is representative of the value of the colors in the image instead of having the SVG with the embedded image.

If I go into my modified XML file and save the SVG portion to a separate file, I am able to see the SVG with the embedded image.

I have looked at all of the PDF Save Options, but did not find any involving SVGs and embedded images.

Does Aspose.Words support rendering SVGs with embedded images?

Files.zip (618.3 KB)

@davidmills

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Zipped stand alone console app attached.
Original Word Doc in \bin\Debug (SVG_Document.docx).
This is saved as a Word XML Document (.xml) and then processed in the console app.

Essentially, pattern tags with images are assigned within the SVGs and then the fill property of the path elements are assigned a pattern.

Please see Target.svg for an example of what I am hoping to be able to achieve in the PDF. This was pulled out of the target.xml file and renders perfectly in a browser.

When the PDF is rendered, the SVG path fills reflect a fill that is similar to colors within the image, but the fill is not the pattern.

Edit: Zip folder did not attach the first few tries. Had to remove the packages folder, as the Aspose.Words.18.8.0 package was too large. You’ll need to add this.

EmbedImageInSVG_RenderPDF.zip (6.6 MB)

@davidmills

Thanks for sharing the detail. We are working over it and will get back to you soon.

@davidmills

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17400. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.