Symbols in PPT

Hi,

I have problem when text in portion contains symbols. I found way to detect that portion contains symbols, but I didn’t found way to detect where symbols character begin and where they ends. Is there any way to do that? In attachment is example presentation, and code I used is:

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(“d:/new/test1.ppt”);

Slide slide = presentation.getSlideByPosition(1);

Shape shape = slide.getShapes().get(0);

Paragraph pragraph = shape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get(0);

Portion portion = pragraph.getPortions().get(0);

System.out.println("Font index is: " + portion.getFontIndex());

System.out.println("Symbol index is: " + portion.getSymbolFontIndex());

System.out.println("Portion text is: " + portion.getText());

Thanks,

Zeljko

Hi Zelijko,

As far as Aspose.Slides for .NET API is concerned, i think there is no such method or property. Can you please explain your exact requirement? Do you want to remove symbol characters from the portion or something else?

Hi,

I need to detect where in portion symbols start and where they end, because I need to handle them in a special way. In Aspose.Word RUN is equivalent for portion in Aspose.Slides, but one RUN can not contain two kinds of font.

Thanks,

Zeljko

Hi Zeljko,

Portion is also meant to present font formatting properties. There will be as many portions in a text string as many fonts are there. Anyways, I have created an issue with issue id 12044 for provision of this feature and you will be informed as soon as there is some progress in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-12044) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.