System.AccessVoilation: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

Dear All,

We uses Aspose.Word.dll version 3.7.1.0 runtime version v1.1.4322 in our web application which we got from our client. We developed the application in Visual Studio 2008 and .Net Framework 2.0.

Developement Environment: Windows XP SP1, VS-2008, Framework 3.5, Sql Server 2005.

Deployment Environment: Windows Server 2008 x64, Framework 2.0, Sql Server 2005.

We have a problem when we run one of the page which uses/references this dll with the following messages:

Stack Trace:

[AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.]
ࠥ.ࡩ.࡭(ࠤ ࠿, ࠤ ࡬, UInt32 ࡮) +0
ࠥ.ࡢ.ࡨ(ࠤ ز, ࠤ ࠾) +446
ࢄ.࢔.࢖(Byte[] ࢗ) +105
ࢄ.ࢊ.࢏(Byte[] ࢐, Byte[] ࢑, Byte[] ࢈, Byte[] ࢉ) +141
ࣇ.࣍.ࢇ(XmlNode ࣦ, XmlNode ࣧ) +410
ࣇ.࣍.࣢(XmlDocument _߹) +89
ࣇ.࣍.ࣜ(Stream ղ) +101
ࣇ.࣍.ࣜ(String ࣝ, Assembly ࣞ) +63
Aspose.Words.License.SetLicense(String licenseName) +141
bolton.doctemplates.asposeclass.EvaluateAsposeLicence(String sPath) +104
bolton.doctemplates.asposeclass.exportDocForEmail(String newFileLocation, DataSet iSet, String path, String fileName, String templateFilename, String mergetype, HttpResponse resp) +747
bolton.Scouting.View.AddTeamScoutingReport.EmailReportToScout() +2939
bolton.Scouting.View.AddTeamScoutingReport.save_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +135
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +164
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +39
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3215

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1434; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1434

We are totally out of idea how to resolve this issue and is very very critical. We badly need help from you so that we could get rid of this issue. Please help us.

Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your request. This is known issue and it has been fixed few releases ago. So please update to the latest version of Aspose.Words (5.2.1). You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
But I think that you also need to renew your license.
Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for you information. I will inform my client to take the necessary action for the new version and license renewal.

Thanks,

We are using version 5.1.0. This is a new app we are developing - we recently purchased Aspose. You mention in your post that this error was corrected “a few versions back” from 5.2.0. So should I already have this correction with 5.1.0?
We are using pdf kit version 3.0.0.0 and PDF version 3.6.2.0.
Thank you so much! This is a huge problem for us at the moment.
- Suzanne Montenegro

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Yes this problem was resolved in 5.1.0 version. Please see release notes.
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards.