- If you are developing an ASP.NET application, you can call License.SetLicense from the Global.asax.cs (Global.asax.vb) file, in the Application_Start protected method. It is called once when the application starts. Do not call License.SetLicense from within Page_Load methods since it means the license will be loaded every time a web page is loaded.
- If you are developing a Windows Forms or console application, call License.SetLicense in your startup code, before using Aspose.Pdf for .NET classes.
- If you are developing a class library, you can call License.SetLicense from a static constructor of your class that uses Aspose.Pdf for .NET. The static constructor will execute before an instance of your class is created making sure Aspose.PDF for .NET license is properly set.
- in case of WCF service, depending upon its hosting:
- if it is IIS - then set license can be called in Global.asax
Please try to set license as per your application structure and share the results.
I tried to put in global.asax snd yes the problem solved but it become Evaluation version (Aspose’s watermark displayed)
This problem still occurs!
// Create a PDF license object
Aspose.Pdf.License license = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
// Instantiate license file
// Set the value to indicate that license will be embedded in the application
license.Embedded = true;
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
Cannot find license ‘MergedAPI.Aspose.Pdf.lic’.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Cannot find license ‘MergedAPI.Aspose.Pdf.lic’.
Source File: D:\Project\MTI\WebServiceApplication1\Global.asax.cs Line: 17
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248