Tab order issues

Hello,

I am having trouble setting the tab order in my document. I looked on this thread and implemented the following code snippet.

(doc.Form[2] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 1;
        (doc.Form[3] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 2;
        (doc.Form[88] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 3;
        (doc.Form[90] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 4;
        (doc.Form[91] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 5;
        (doc.Form[92] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 6;
        (doc.Form[89] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 7;
        (doc.Form[1] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 8;
        (doc.Form[4] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 9;
        (doc.Form[5] as Field).AnnotationIndex = 10;

page.TabOrder = TabOrder.Manual;

However the tab order is not set when I review the tab order index and annotation index and then compare it to my own set index. Here Diff merge shows differences between the APIs own Tab order and annotation index. How can you accurately set the tab order while the document is being created. It should be as simple as Winforms where you set each GUI elements tab order index but it is not. Please provide example we have a paid aspose total account

TabOrder.zip (3.6 KB)

@NestedRAID

The Aspose.PDF for .NET exposes a property for form fields named as TabOrder which can be used to set the tab orders during PDF generation. Would you kindly try to set that property and in case issue still persists, please share your complete sample code snippet along with generated PDF and expected output PDF documents. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

a direct Field.TabOrder call does not work because the tab order you set cannot go above the page number. This is why it was mentioned in this other ticket

The way that was implemented in release .NET 7.0.0

This other ticket was never solved and the user asked if aspose could create an example of code using TabOrder Manual. A small snippet is shown but does not work. Creating one that works would help and could also be used in your developer documentation

I believe the investigation ticket is
PDFNET-45443

and can be used to help solve my issue as well. This ticket is around 2 years old. Thank you.

@NestedRAID

We have check the referenced thread and found that original ticket ID is PDFNET-45417 which was logged for TabOrder not being set correctly in an existing PDF using following code snippet:

Document doc = new Document(dataDir + "SampleFile.pdf");
int tabOrder = 0;
foreach (Field field in doc.Form.Fields)
{
Console.WriteLine(field.PartialName + " => Tab Order was: => " + field.TabOrder);
field.TabOrder = tabOrder++;
Console.WriteLine(field.PartialName + " => Tab Order is: => " + field.TabOrder);
}
doc.Save(dataDir + "SampleFile_out.pdf");

We have linked this ticket with this forum thread and updated its information as per your provided details. We will inform you as soon as it is resolved. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello my organization (Florida Senate) have since purchased Enterprise support and I have been asked to escalate this ticket using our paid enterprise support. Please and thank you.

@NestedRAID

In case you want to escalate the issue to paid support, please login to helpdesk and create a post there with the reference of ticket ID. Your issue would be escalated accordingly.

Hello Asad,

I have updated my account with the email attached to paid support and I am unable to create a ticket there. I am requesting to have this ticket escalated.

@NestedRAID

We tried to move your topic to paid support/helpdesk but it said that user had no subscription. It seems like there is some issue with subscription confirmation against your account. You may please post your inquiry in our Purchase Forum about the issue being faced while logging into helpdesk and you will be assisted accordingly.