Tab space in HTML is not as in Word document

Hi ,

Please find the attached word document, we find that the tab space in generated HTML is not same as we given in word. We are getting tabspace in HTML, less when compared to word. If we are giving spaces or dashed lines they are appearing fine in HTML, but the tab space is not fine. Kindly find this space calculation issue and help me.

Thanks,

Kesava M

Hi Kesava,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-6878 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Hafeez,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please tell me in word, is there any setting while inserting TOC (Table of contents) which take spaces instead of a TAB Space, I mean can we have an option to give spaces instead of TAB.

Also, please tell me, Do we have any TOC related configurations that can done on source document using Aspose Words JAVA API (any methods like that) so that we can go a head.

Please help us on this issue.

Thanks,

Kesava M.

Hi Kesava,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Table of contents is represented by a Field in Aspose.Words’ DOM. It can be built in a number of ways and formatted using a variety of options. The way the table is built and displayed by Microsoft Word is controlled by the field switches.

The easiest way to specify the switches is to insert and configure a table of contents into a Word document using the Insert->Reference->Index and Tables menu, then switch display of field codes on to see the switches. You can press Alt+F9 in Microsoft Word to toggle display of field codes on or off.

For example, after creating a table of contents, the following field is inserted into the document: { TOC \o “1-3” \h \z \u }. You can copy \o “1-3” \h \z \u and use it as the switches parameter.

You can also use DocumentBuilder.insertTableOfContents method to insert TOC programmatically using Aspose.Words. Please see the usage of this method in the following article:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/DocumentBuilder

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6878) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.