We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Tab Stop Issues

Hi


I am using Aspose PDF Generator 8.5, with Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0.

I have run into an interesting problem when using hanging indents - accomplished by setting the left margin to a value, the first line margin to the negative of that value, and putting a tab stop at the left margin position. Although, in this case, the left margin is greater than the absolute value of the first line margin, as I want the whole block to be indented as well.

Essentially, it creates a paragraph that mimics what you would see if you used a dot point or a numbered list.

The problem arises when the text before the tab on the first line renders as less than a certain width. I am unable to determine exactly what that width is, but in the sample XML file (attached), if I use the text “Abc” the problem occurs, but if the text is “Abcd” it doesn’t.
The problem is, the text after the tab isn’t positioned correctly. It is rendered well short of the only tab stop in the paragraph.

In the sample provided, both paragraphs have the same tab stop set, but render very differently.

Could you have a look at it, and let me know if I’m doing anything wrong?

Thanks
Chris Fairall.

Hi Chris,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. While testing the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for NET 8.6.0, I have managed to reproduce the issue on our side and logged it in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-36083 for further investigation and resolution. I have also linked your request to this issue and you will be notified via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi

Could you provide an update as to the progress of this issue? It has been more than 18 months since I originally raised it.

Thanks
Chris Fairall.

Hi Chris,


Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the issue reported earlier is not yet resolved. However, I have requested the product team to share any possible ETA. As soon as I have some updates regarding its
resolution, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of
correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Chris,


The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and as per our current estimates, we plan to get this problem fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7.0, which is planned to release in August-2015. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36083) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.8.0.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(4)

Hi


I have downloaded the latest version of Aspose PDF (10.8), and tested it against the original XML file I sent you, and I am disappointed to report that this version has not fixed the problem.

The line with the shorter lead text still appears to get the tab stop wrong on the first line of the paragraph.

Could you have another look at this one, please?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,


We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please use new approach for XML to PDF conversion as following, it will resolve the issue.

string inXml = myDir + “36083.xml”;<o:p></o:p>

string outFile = myDir+"36083.pdf";

Document doc = new Document();

doc.BindXml(inXml);

doc.Save(outFile);

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.


Best Regards,

Hi Tilal


Thanks for your response, but that made things worse. When I use the supplied code with my original Sample6.xml file and attempt to open the resulting PDF in Adobe Acrobat, I get the message "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be opened because it has no pages"

And the sample PDF you supplied is not correct anyway. The first paragraph moves the tabbed text to the next line.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,


Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue that problem does not seem to be fixed in v10.8.0. For the sake of correction, I have re-opened already logged issue and have intimated product team to look into this matter. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.