Table Formatting Issues Saving to PDF

I am having issues with tables that are set to 100% width only using 60% of the page when saved to PDF. This looks like many other issues which have been reported to which the answer refers to WORDSNET-832. Has WORDSNET-832 been released or do you have a date for its release.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document and output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Secondly, unfortunately WORDSNET-832 is not resolved yet and there is no ETA available at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The documents are on a government system and so can not be put onto the internet. However the documents are being created in Html and then loaded into Aspose.Words. The page layout is set to A4 Landscape and saved as a .Doc file. At this point if we open the doc with word the content looks correct (i.e Landscape with the full page used). Aspose.Words then saves the document as PDF. When you view the pdf file with adobe reader any content that was originally in div’s and spans alone is viewable as per the word version (i.e. uses the full page). However much of the content is in html tables which have width set to 100%. For example we have the body tag, followed by a div tag (for the word section) followed by a table set to width 100% and having 2 columns both set to 50%. What we see is the first column of this table covering half the page but the second column squashed up to be only about 10% wide with about 40% of the right hand side of the landscape page white space. This forces the table which was on a single page in Word to be over 4 pages in PDF

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the input/output documents. We need these documents to be able to reproduce the problem on our end.
Please note that it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your documents here, only you and Aspose staff members can download them. Also you can send the files to my e-mail as described here:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/send-license-to-aspose-staff.aspx
You can also remove any sensitive information from documents by replacing it with dummy data instead.
Best regards,