Table header width in pdf is not the same as word document

Hi

I am converting word document to pdf. I am using the below code to load word document and then to save that into pdf file. However, the word file table header width is not the same in pdf file.

I see that on the latest version its mentioned - “DOCX to PDF conversion issue with text wrapping around the table” fixed. However I still see problem. Can you suggest any workaround for this problem?

var doc = new Document(“test.docx”);
doc.Save(“test1.pdf”);

@kamaleswaran,

Please ZIP and attach your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Please find the file attached @awais.hafeez

test-5.zip (26.3 KB)

@kamaleswaran,

We are working on your query and will get back to you soon.

@kamaleswaran,

We tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-18040. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you @awais.hafeez. are you able to give us approximate estimated time for the fix please? As we couldn’t use word to pdf functionality on our production currently.

@kamaleswaran,

This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any estimates are available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@kamaleswaran,

Regarding WORDSNET-18040, the issue occurs because table grid is not calculated correctly in presence of unsupported cell wrapping options. Some of the cells in the problematic table have “don’t wrap text” option set. The new grid calculation algorithm being implemented per WORDSNET-832 does not support the option yet. The calculation falls back to the old algorithm which apparently produces an incorrect result

So, your issue (WORDSNET-18040) actually depends on the resolution of an internal extremely complex issue (WORDSNET-832). Therefore, WORDSNET-18040 is postponed until at least WORDSNET-832 is resolved (or until the required cell wrapping options are supported by the grid calculation). We will review your issue after the resolution of WORDSNET-832. Unfortunately, there is no ETA available at the moment.

You may remove the problematic options for the table cells as a workaround.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18040) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.10 update also available on NuGet.