we noticed a bug with broken table layouts in pdf documents, after calling
UpdateTable(). Saving the document as
.docx works fine. Converting the altered
.docx file to PDF with Microsoft Word also works fine.
I noticed, that in the original document, at some point the colums do not match any more exactly:
2021-08-11_13-10-52.png (7.9 KB)
I also discovered, as a workaround, that moving the column at the broken row back into position, as shown in the gif, fixes the issue:
2021-08-11_13-11-19.gif (61.0 KB)
However, with the original document without the manual workaround still seems to be a bug in Aspose, as the pdf conversion with Office is working fine.
var doc = new Document(@"S:\tmp\in.docx"); doc.UpdateTableLayout(); doc.Save(@"S:\tmp\out.pdf");
in.docx -> original input file
out.pdf -> PDF generated with Aspose with broken table (Broken)
out.docx -> Altered document saved as docx with Aspose
out_word.pdf -> out.docx converted to PDF with MS Word 2019 (Working)
in_edited.docx -> original input file with workaround as shown in the gif
out_edited.pdf -> in_edited.docx converted to PDF by Aspose (Working)
files.zip (303.3 KB)
I hope you can look into the issue and the information about the workaround helps to identify the issue maybe.
Thanks for your help,