Table layout differs in pdf file

Hello,

I’m using Aspose 24.3 to convert a word document to pdf document.
With the recent versions the text alignment has changed.
It doesn’t match the word document layout.
When I switch back to Aspose 23.9 the pdf document is correct.

How can I get the pdf document with the same layout as the word document?
Is there an setting which I need to set?

Word document:
Table Issue.docx (33.2 KB)

Result pdf with Aspose 23.9:
Table Issue Result 239.pdf (34.8 KB)

Result pdf with Aspose 24.3:
Table Issue Result 243.pdf (34.8 KB)

@cternek
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26684

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hey @alexey.noskov
I can see that the analysis is completed.
May I ask, is it a bug?
Or exists a workaround for the issue?

@cternek Yes, we have completed analyzing the issue. The issue occurs because table column widths in Aspose.Words layout do not match MS Word, i.e. the current Aspose.Words table layout algorithm does not fully mimics MS Word behavior. The issue is with the ‘new’ table layout logic. It appeared after new logic become applicable to the problematic table. Before 23.10, the table was not handled by the new logic because cells with ‘wrap text’ option turned off were not handled.

Unfortunately, currently we cannot suggest you any workaround. We should investigate MS Word behavior deeper to make Aspose.Words behave the same.

Hey @alexey.noskov
may I ask if there will be a fix for the issue in one of the next versions?
I actually wanted to update to the newer version to provide the new Aspose version to my customers which are urgently waiting for those fixes.
But the issue with the table layout in pdf will affect my customers so I can’t update to the 24.3 version.

@cternek Unfortunately, there are no news regarding the issue yet. It is not likely the issue will be resolved in the next version of Aspose.Words, since release window is closing in a couple of days. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Hey @alexey.noskov ,
May I ask if there is a date when the fix/change will be available?

@cternek Unfortunately, the issue is still not scheduled for development. So currently we cannot provide you any estimates. please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Hello @alexey.noskov ,
is there any news regarding a timeline for the issue?
The issues state hasn’t changed and is still “Analysis Complete”.

@cternek No, unfortunately, there are no news regarding the issue yet. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.