Table size not manteined in pdf documents

Hi,

I’ve found some problems during the conversion of a word document to pdf.
I’ve attached my project, a docx document and its pdf conversion.

As you can see, the table size is not maintained in the pdf output document as it is in the word document.

How can I solve this?

Thanks,
Devid.

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8071 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

As a workaround, please call Document.UpdateTableLayout method before saving the document to Pdf.

You do not normally need to call this method as cell and table widths are maintained automatically. You can call this method before exporting to PDF (or any other fixed-page format), only in rare cases where you confirmed that tables appear incorrectly laid out in the output document. Calling this method might help to correct the output.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Document.docx");
doc.UpdateTableLayout();
doc.Save(MyDir + "out.pdf");

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your help, but I need to ask you a couple of things.

What does “UpdateTableLayout” do exactly?

Can I have an aproximate date for my bug fix?

Thanks,
Devid.

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Devid.Fabris:
What does “UpdateTableLayout” do exactly?

The Document.UpdateTableLayout method updates widths of cells and tables in the document according to their preferred widths and content. You do not need to call this method if the tables appear correct in the output document.

Devid.Fabris:
Can I have an aproximate date for my bug fix?

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks a lot for your help.
Keep me informed on when my bug will be fixed.

Regards,
Devid.

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hi Tahir,

Do you have any news about my bug?

thanks,
Devid.

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Your issue WORDSNET-8071 has been postponed due to a missing feature WORDSNET-832 (Make table layout as close to Word as possible) which is related to your issue. Our development team is working over this missing feature and will reveiew your issue when WORDSNET-832 is available.

Hopefully, the feature WORDSNET-832 will be available in next version of Aspose.Words (v13.4.0) which is planned to be released by the end of April 2013.

We appreciate your patience.

Hi Tahir,

You said my bug would be resolved by the end of April.
Is my bug solved?

Thanks,
Devid.

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue WORDSNET-8071 has been postponed due to a missing feature WORDSNET-832 (Make table layout as close to Word as possible) which is related to your issue.

The missing feature WORDSNET-832 has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi tahir,

Thanks for your help.
Keep me informed on when my bug will be fixed, this feature is very important for me.

thanks,
Devid

Hi Devid,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will update you via this forum thread once your issue is resolved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8071) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)