Table width is not preserved when existing table node is moved to the SDT

Hi,

I have bumped into a small problem, that I can’t handle without your help. I have two tables (single row in both of them), and all I wan’t is to move these two tables to the newly created SDT control (just to wrap these two tables with SDT control).

I have attached input document that I am using in this example (table_in.docx) and also, output from my code (table_out.docx). As you can see, width and alignment in both of these tables is not accurate.

My goal, is to preserve these table settings.

I have tried to clone tables, and to delete originals, and also few variations of adding into a new SDT control, and nothing helped.

Additional info: the input document is just a simplified example of the real document. I could have many tables like these inside the document, and perhaps, some static text in between, or maybe another part of the document that I want to convert to another SDT. Some SDT will be inside another SDT, etc. So, if you include all of these facts, I believe that re-creating Document with the Document builder is not an option?

Code that creates SDT:

Document doc = new Document(@"d:\Projects\AsposeSandbox\word\table_in.docx");
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

List nodes = doc.Sections[0].Body.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Table, false).ToArray().ToList();

StructuredDocumentTag sdt = new StructuredDocumentTag(doc, SdtType.RichText, MarkupLevel.Block);
sdt.ChildNodes.Clear();

nodes.Last().ParentNode.InsertAfter(sdt, nodes.Last());

nodes.ForEach(x => sdt.AppendChild(x));

doc.Save(@"d:\Projects\AsposeSandbox\word" + "table_out.docx");

Thanks in advance,
Nikola

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your inquiry. In your case, we suggest you please insert the empty paragraph between two tables while inserting the tables in content control. Hope this helps you.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"table_in.docx");
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
List<Node> nodes = doc.Sections[0].Body.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Table, false).ToArray().ToList();
StructuredDocumentTag sdt = new StructuredDocumentTag(doc, SdtType.RichText, MarkupLevel.Block);
sdt.ChildNodes.Clear();
doc.FirstSection.Body.AppendChild(sdt);
// nodes.Last().ParentNode.InsertAfter(sdt, nodes.Last());
// nodes.ForEach(x => sdt.AppendChild(x));
sdt.AppendChild(nodes[0]);
sdt.AppendChild(new Paragraph(doc));
sdt.AppendChild(nodes[1]);
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.docx");