We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

TableStart and TableEnd tag problem

I have some documents which are using view names for the tablestart and tableend values. When I go to the edit portion of the merge the tablestart and tableend tags reflect the entire view name, however Word truncates the name of the view when it displays it on the template document. It looks like Aspose is using the display value instead of the actual merge field edit value to populate the table.

We have tested the table start by changing the name of the view to have fewer characters and the view works fine, so we are sure it isn't an issue with the view and the data. I know standard word merge fields don't require the display text to match the merge edit text, is this a restriction within Aspose?

Here is the description given by our developer

In Mail Merge Field of doc Signature_Pages.doc we are getting «TableEnd:v_GetLoanCompanyGuarantorsRequi» but the actual name when we try to Edit the Mail Marge Field is «TableEnd:v_GetLoanCompanyGuarantorsRequired» but it was truncated and due to this the documented was not replaced by the value.

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Donna,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Could you please attach the document for testing? I will investigate the problem and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Here is one of the documents, the section labeled individual has the problem merge section. I'm not sure why word is truncating the display portion, when we create the fields. I've seen it before in standard merge fields, but it never actually affects the merging of the data.

Thanks

Donna

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks you for additional information. I tested your document on my side and it seems all works fine. Name of merge fields are not truncated and mail merge works fine. Here is code I used for testing:

//Create dummy datasource

DataTable tab = new DataTable("v_GetLoanCompanyGuarantorsRequired");

tab.Columns.Add("SignerNameTitle");

tab.Rows.Add(new object[] { "first item" });

tab.Rows.Add(new object[] { "second item" });

tab.Rows.Add(new object[] { "third item" });

//Open template and perform mail merge

Document doc = new Document(@"Test073\in.doc");

doc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(tab);

doc.Save(@"Test073\out.doc");

You can use the following code to get merge field names from the document:

Document doc = new Document(@"Test073\in.doc");

foreach (string name in doc.MailMerge.GetFieldNames())

{

Console.WriteLine(name);

}

Please provide me code that will allow me to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,