Tabs within a table do not allign correctly with Java version. .Net works ok

Hi,

For our client, a major bank in The Netherlands, I have to convert some word documents to PDF.

While converting certain documents the following issue occurred:

The alligning of items within a table in WORD does not match the alligning in the generated PDF file.

Allignmend is done with tabstops but it looks like the JAVA version seems to ignore those.

(The .NET version works fine)

Attached are a sample word doc, the java code used to generate the pdf, as well as the with java and .NET generated PDFs.

Version used: 15.10.0.0 (Java and .NET)

Can you look into this?

Regards,

Stephan Tuinder

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your inquiry. You are using Aspose.Words without license. Please note that in evaluation mode there are some limitations applied. E.g Aspose.Words injects an evaluation watermark at the top of the document. The document’s content are truncated after a certain number of paragraphs during import or export.

Please request for temporary license from here:
Get temporary license

Please read about applying license from here:
Applying a License

We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words (v15.10.0) for Java and .NET and have not found the shared issue. Please apply the license and then convert the document to Pdf. We have attached the output documents with this post for your kind reference.

Hi,

Your output has the same (wrong) result.

I have added an image with 3 screenshots that should clarify. Only the JAVA version is different.

(The WORD version is a screenshot from MSWord)

That I used a trial version of the product is because the original documents couldn’t be made public due to privacy issues, and the test system where I could use sample documents didn’t have a license, but I ensure you, except for the watermark, there was no difference in output.

Regards,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your inquiry. The output Pdf files are correct according to text layout in MS Word 2013. Please check the attached screenshot for detail. Please make sure that you shared the correct document in this forum thread.

Could you please share which MS Word version you are using? We will then provide you more information about your query.

Hi,

Here also Word 2013. Maybe different subversion?

Attached word version + screenshot document in word.

I found out that the language settings are of influence:

Language settings here are “Dutch”.

(It lines out the decimal character on the tab)

In the English notation with the English language settings, it seems to work fine.

(e.g.: 22.222,00 => 22222.00)

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

In your case we suggest you please convert your document to Pdf under “Dutch” culture. Please check following .NET and Java code examples for your kind reference. We have attached the output Pdf files with this post for your kind reference.

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("nl-NL");
Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Formulier+Klantonderhoud+Anoniem.doc");
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.pdf");
Locale.setDefault(new Locale("nl", "NL"));
Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Formulier+Klantonderhoud+Anoniem.doc");
doc.save(MyDir + "OutJava.pdf");

Hi,
This seems to do the trick.
Thanks for the support.