TabStop and styles are incorrect after calling UpdateFields method using .NET

Hi,

where are two problems with the TOC after execute the UpdateFields() method.
I create a document (test.doc) and two result files (doc and docx) to reproduce the problem.
(tested with aspose 11.0.0 (licensed) see test.zip).

Error 1: unexplainable tabstop (occurs in doc and docx).
After execution of UpdateFields() and save as doc or docx the TOC has an unexplainable tabstop. See the attached result files. In the result_1.docx the tabstop is at 2,05cm and in result_2.doc at 3,49cm. This additional tabstop break a long headline text wrong, see result_2.doc. If you remove the tabstop at at position 3,49cm the formating is correct.

Error 2: wrong format in TOC (occurs only in docx)
After execution of UpdateFields() and save as docx all entries in TOC have the same style sheet (Verzeichnis 1). (see result_1.docx)

Please check this behaviour of aspose, thanks.

With kind regards Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your query. Please find the converted document (doc/docx) from your source document in attachment. I have not found the second issue by using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. It would be great, If you check tabstop issue in shared documents and share some more detail about tabstop issue.

Hallo Tahir,

sorry for my late answer, but i was on a business trip last week.

You can check the tabstop issue in your shared documents. (see attached picture)
Set the cursor to TOC and enable the rule view in your word. Now you can see that there are two tabstops in the rule. The second tabstop is wrong, it should not exist. The tabstop disappears if you update the TOC with Word. This tabstop is the reason for the different behavior in toc (compare headline 1.3 and 2.0). The problem occurs in Word 2010 and Word 2003 with compatibility pack for docx.

The format issue occurs only if you open the docx inside Word 2003 with compatibility pack for docx.

Thanks for your effort.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing the more information. I have managed to reproduce the same problems at my end. I have logged these issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5949;WORDSNET-5950) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.