Task Dates not properly being retreived from supplied MPP file

Using the following example code to load the attached file, you’ll notice that the start date is 12:00 am which doesn’t match the start date for the task in Microsoft Project. The finish dates appear to be correct. I am using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks 4.2.0. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dim reader As ProjectReader = New ProjectReader()
        Dim project As Project = reader.Read("1.03 MML 7.mpp")

'Load all tasks
        Dim allTasks As ArrayList = project.RootTask.Children

'Loop through each task and read information related to tasks
        For Each task As Task In allTasks
            Console.WriteLine("Reading Task " & task.Name)
            Console.WriteLine(Constants.vbLf & "ID: " & task.Id)
            Console.WriteLine("Start: " & task.Start)
            Console.WriteLine("Finish: " & task.Finish)
            Console.WriteLine(Constants.vbLf & "===========================" & Constants.vbLf)
            'Read any other information you need
        Next task

Hi Christopher,

This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as TASKS-33145. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As a workaround, if you can save the file as XML, you will be able to read the correct data. There are some extra TimephasedData tags in task 15 (Prepare Permit Drawings) which are causing this issue. I was able to read correct dates after going through the following steps:

• Open MPP in MS Project and save as XML
  • Remove TimephasedData tags from task 15
  • Save updated XML back to MPP

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thank you, I was able to get read the file using the method described. Though I don’t know how the extra TimephaseData tags got included, and this was the first time this has happened, I look forward to any resolution of this case.

Hi Christopher,

Some files created with MS Project 2010 and saved as 2007 format had such issues. These issues will be fixed in the next release.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33145) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.