Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Task Duration different for 2003- 2007- and 2010 MPP

Hi,

I’ve now added the two other files to be able to use the 2003 and 2010 MPP formats.

I have created the MPP and XML files for 2003, 2007, and 2010 (see attached files).

The 3 XML files appear to have exactly the same task duration.

The 2003 MPP file generates errors with incorrect duration in days
The 2007 MPP file appears to have duration in Minutes (may be correct did not check)
The 2010 MPP file appears to have numbers similar to the XML. (though need detail check).

All I’ve done is taken the same PBP file as the Text30 problem and created these files with the correct format … so same software for all files created. However, it could be the way the initial MPP file is read (settings?) or the way the output files are created (merging the outputs).

I’ve also attached the files that need to be added to My ProductBasedPlans/Templates to enable 2003 and 2010 formats. These will be in the next version after I get the next DLL.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,


We have analyzed the information and found that 2007 MPP which contains time in minutes is equivalent in task duration to the respective XML file. However we have found that task duration in 2003 MPP is erroneous as commented by you.

Could you please send us the new exe which can be used to reproduce the 2003 MPP and 2010 MPP files. We will then pass all the information to the development team for further analysis.

Thanks for your cooperation in this regard.

Hi,

You could have updated the EXE just by adding the mpp files to the template area. However, I have also built a new release with the latest DLL. You can download this version from:

http://dnload.changeaide.com/HotFix/ChangeAideWebDL03_02_16.exe

You should be able to create the files in the same way as the other test. Note: just select the 2003, 2007, or 2010 versions to create the specific version (these should all work now to create the files).

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce.


Thank you for the providing the link to the updated version. We will analyze this issue further and report it to our development team for further investigation and rectification.

Hi Bruce,


Thanks you for providing more supporting data.

I have tested your new EXE and exported the project to 2003, 2007 and 2010 MPP. Issues were observed in 2003 MPP task duration.

Task duration in 2007 MPP was correct but unit was in minutes.

I have passed all this information to the development team along with the reference to the new EXE. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received from the developers.

This issue is logged in our issue tracking system as TASKS-33249.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33249) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.