Task.NotesText Not Saving

I am trying to add a task to a new, empty .mpp file, and then add a value to the Notes column. When I try to do this, I can open the .mpp file, and the new task will be there, but there won’t be a value in the Notes column. Here is my simple code:

var project = new ASP.Project(@"C:\ProgramData\EmptyTemplate.mpp");
		var task = project.RootTask.Children.Add("Summary1");
		var subtask = task.Children.Add("Subtask1");
		subtask.Set(ASP.Tsk.NotesText, "Note Test to Save");
		project.Save(@"C:\ProgramData\" + "CreateTasks_out.MPP", SaveFileFormat.MPP);

Is this a known issue? Thanks!

Kevin

@kjacobson,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

We have tested this code and found it working fine. The notes value is inserted properly and displayed fine in the output file as shown in the attached image. Please try the sample code again using latest version Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.11.0 and share the feedback. Output file is also attached here for your reference.

CreateTasks_out.zip (23.0 KB)
Notes.png (54.6 KB)

Is this a known issue in 17.6.0? I can’t try it in version 17.11, since we don’t yet have a license for that version.

Thanks!

@kjacobson,

I have tested this issue using Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.6 as well. No issue is observed and notes are attached fine with the task. Could you please try again using attached template file that is used in my testing and created from MSP 2010?

Blank2010.zip (22.6 KB)

When I use the MSP 2010 file you provided, the same code is successful, and I see the notes. If I open the 2010 file in MSP 2016 and save it, the same code fails to create the notes. It seems that whenever the file is saved in MSP 2016 it cannot be used as a template for saving to the Notes field. Interestingly, the task shows the ‘Notes’ icon in Indicators column, but its tooltip just says,

Notes: ‘’

So, it seems that Aspose code is attempting to write to the Notes, but failing for MSP 2016 files.

We purchased an upgrade yesterday, and get the same results in 17.11.0, so we would like you to look into it on version 17.11.0 with MSP 2016 files. Or are 2016 files not supported as template files?

Thanks!!!

@kjacobson,

Could you please send us your MSP 2016 template MPP file for our testing here?

Blank2016.zip (25.8 KB)
Here you go. Thanks!

@kjacobson,

Thank you for providing the sample files. This issue is observed and logged under Id: TASKSNET-2195 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.