Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Task Split parts lost while setting %Complete using Aspose.Tasks

seems that the update progress function is not taking any scenario in consideration

@bassimalrifai,

I have analyzed the sample code and afraid to share as whole code is in single line and no line break is there, therefore the termination of single line comments is confusing. I have formatted the whole code and is attached here for your reference. Could you please confirm that is this code formatted according to your requirements i.e. commented and un-commented code is exactly similar to your original code.

It is requested that please try to send us formatted Java code for our analysis as it helps us to re-produce scenario without any issue. Also better if you attach code in a separate file rather than pasting entire code in the body of the message for better management of material at our end.

sampleCode.zip (1.6 KB)

code file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1161mYy_K47CCiG4zJbv9b8zmu1uVxz_4

@bassimalrifai,

I have tested the scenario using sample code and the sample project file “Project2007.mpp” . It is observed that after the execution of code, duration does not change and remains 29 days. although the split parts are changed, but overall duration remains same. Could you please ensure that you are using latest version and the snapshots which you sent were of the output of same code you sent to us? Once you clarify this scenario, we will log issue regarding the changes in splitted parts after changing the progress of the task.

The output MPP file is attached here for your reference.
Project2007Output.zip (50.3 KB)

@bassimalrifai,

I have splitted the thread into multiple threads as original thread was getting too lengthy. This issue of ignoring the splitted parts of a task is re-produced and logged under Id: TASKSJAVA-490 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSJAVA-490) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal