Task splitting in MPP export not working

Hello Aspose Team,

I’m using Aspose Tasks for .NET 21.2.0 (latest vesion when writting this ticket, and I also have the latest version of MSProject). Splitting a simple task in 2 is not working in several cases:

• when the second part of the split ends just before a week-end (ends on a Friday)
  • when the second part of the split starts before a week-end and finishes after the week-end
  • when the second part of the split starts after the week-end

I wrote a simple project with a few examples (the project is a simple Windows command line application, using .NET Core 3.1 and C#). Each example creates a simple task, it starts on a Monday and lasts for 3 days, splits the task in 2, the first split lasts for 1 day (so only on Monday) and the second split lasts for 2 days:
1/ the second split starts on Wednesday (same week as the first split, from Wednesday to Thursday): it works
2/ the second split starts on Thursday (same week as the first split, from Thursday to Friday): it fails
3/ the second split starts on Friday (same week as the first split): it fails
4/ the second split starts on the next Tuesday (1 week and 1 day after the first split): it fails

For all the cases, I attached the output MPP file. For the cases 2 to 4 which are all failing, I also attached the expected MPP files. Feel free to change the dates and try by yourself!

As you can see in the attached code, the “SplitTask” call is surounded by a try/catch block, because it throws an “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” (of course, because the SplitTask fails, the task is not splitted and the MPP file doesn’t match the expected split).

Could you have a look? We post several tickets about this issue (#180116 with version 18.7.1, #203823 with version 19.10), it seems to have been fixed several times but it comes back…

Thanks!
Christophe

SplitTask.zip (170.3 KB)

@Opus_Team

I have read the description shared by you and have created a ticket with ID TASKSNET-4693 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that we may share notification with you as soon as it will be fixed.

Thanks @mudassir.fayyaz for the support! It will be great if we could move quickly on solving this issue, it has been appearing and disappearing many times during the last few years and it’s quite a problem for us.
Feel free to ask if you need more information, thanks!

@Opus_Team

We request for your patience and will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be addressed.

Hi team,
I saw you set this task 4693 as “Resolved”… any idea when you will provide a release?
Thanks!
Christophe

@Opus_Team

The task has been marked resolved in upcoming Aspose.Tasks for .NET 21.4. We will share feedback with you as soon as the product will be shared online.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-4693) have been fixed in this update.