Temporary license doesn't work

When I try to use the temporary license file that I received as an E-mail attachment like this:

Dim license As New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License()<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

license.SetLicense(“Aspose.BarCode.lic”)

I get this error: “The license is not valid for this product.”

Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Hi,

Please send us your License file in a zip archive. You can send us the zip file by selecting the “Contact” --> “send babar.raza an email” button on this thread.

Also, please provide us your system specifications so we may test your said issue in similar environment.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hi again,

Thank you for providing us your License file.

We are able to replicate your said issue on our end. So we have logged it in our bug tracking system for the sake of correction. The Ticket Id for your reference is 32111. We will soon fix this problem and will notify you via this thread.

Meanwhile, please use the previous version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.3.0. Also, please check the below link for release notes of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.4.0, so you may know what was fixed or added in latest release (v4.4.0).
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/entry342430.aspx

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 32111) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The update did in fact fix the licensing problem, but when I try to decode a PDF417 barcode, it just returns garbage data.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback,

Can you please share your sample file for our review.

It is my driver license barcode, so I don't really want to send that, but I can tell you that it is a 480 x 800 image at 300 DPI, Grayscale. Inlite and OnBarcode are able to read and parse the barcode from the same image. The Aspose object does detect a barcode, but when I call the GetCodeText function, it returns garbage (lots of W's and G's). Here is my code:

Private Function GetBarcodeText(ByVal imageToScan As System.Drawing.Bitmap) As String
Dim detector As New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(imageToScan, Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReadType.Pdf417)
Dim returnStringBuilder As New System.Text.StringBuilder
Dim license As New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License()
Try
license.SetLicense("Aspose.BarCode.lic")
detector.ExpectedBarCodeCount = 1
While detector.Read
returnStringBuilder.AppendLine(detector.GetCodeText)
End While
detector.Close()
Return returnStringBuilder.ToString()
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Error Getting Barcode Text", MessageBoxButtons.OK)
Return String.Empty
Finally
detector = Nothing
returnStringBuilder = Nothing
license = Nothing
End Try
End Function

Hi,

I can understand but I am afraid that we will not be able to proceed with this issue with out some sample.

You can create a new thread in “Private” mode so that the information shared in thread is only visible to the Owner (You) and the Aspose Team members. Also, we assure you that we ask for samples/data to replicate the issue on our end and we delete it as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I successfully decoded the barcode at http://img.geocaching.com/cache/3d72ab85-360e-4e7e-b152-a10eb66a2279.jpg using the two other options I’m currently reviewing, but when I try with the Aspose decoder, it returns “LPLKETQXRIATWGLKETQXRIATLPLKETQXIat” when I run the code from my previous post.

Hi,

Thank you for your sample file.

I can reproduce the said issue with latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.4.1. So I have attached this thread to an appropriate issue from our bug tracking system. The Ticket Id for your reference is 31954.

We will keep you posted with updates on this issue.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-31954) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.