TeX to Pdf-Conversion problems

Hello,

we are currently evaluating the Aspose.Pdf-Product for our company. Especially the TeX to Pdf-Conversion feature is very interesting, but with our first tex-document we directly have quite some problems.

We think, that aspose doesn’t include the packages. We are using some packages installed on the system in our tex-file:

\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{nimbussans}
\renewcommand*\familydefault{\sfdefault} %% Only if the base font of the document is to be sans serif
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{ngerman}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage[babel=false,style=german,german=quotes]{csquotes}

We are able to convert a tex-document to pdf with pdflatex without any problems. We made a simple Unit-test to try the conversion with aspose:

Public Sub LatexToPdf(latex As String, output As String)
Dim latexOptions = New LatexLoadOptions
Dim doc = new Document(latex, latexOptions)
doc.Save(output)
End Sub

How does Aspose know, where to find the packages? How do I tell aspose where to find packages? Do i Have to put them next to the executable?

Or do I have to use the api in some other way?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for contacting support.

We will really appreciate if you please share your sample input/output file(s) so that we can test for the required feature in our environment in detail and get back to you with some certain information. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Tex-File:

\documentclass[10pt,ngerman]{dinbrief}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{nimbussans}
\renewcommand*\familydefault{\sfdefault}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{ngerman}
\usepackage[babel=false,style=german,german=quotes]{csquotes}

\setbottomtexttop{270mm}
\bottomtext{\small%
\begin{tabular}{@{}p{.25\textwidth}@{}p{.25\textwidth}@{}p{.35\textwidth}@{}p{.15\textwidth}@{}}
\footnotesize Sitz der Gesellschaft & \footnotesize Handelsregister & \footnotesize Bankverbindung & \footnotesize Geschäftsführer \\
\end{tabular}%
}

\newcommand{\betreff}[1]{\subject{\textbf{#1}}}
\newenvironment{kuscbrief}{\begin{letter}{
Max Mustermann \\
Weststraße. 1 \\
12121 Köln\\
}
\opening{Sehr geehrter Herr Mustermann}}
{\closing{Kennen Sie das Kundenportal?

Mit freundlichen Gr\"u\ss{}en\medskip\par{}Ihr Kundenservice}\end{letter}}

\begin{document}

\betreff{Ihr Vertrag: }

\begin{kuscbrief}

Ueberschrift - neu - neuer

vielen Dank für Ihre Mitteilung.
\end{kuscbrief}

\end{document}

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for sharing more information. I am checking the details at my side and will get back to you shortly. Please be patient.

Best Regards,

Hello Asad,

do you have any further information about the problem?

Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the whole scenario in my environment and observed that API generated an exception while converting LaTex file into PDF. Please note that I have also tried to install packages manually into the system and perform conversion process but I am afraid that I got no success. It seems that API is generating issue when you try to convert a TEX file into PDF which uses additional packages. However during converting simple LaTex file into PDF, no issue could be observed.

Therefore for the detailed investigation of the issue I have generated a ticket as PDFNET-42497 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you informed on the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us a little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello Asad,

it’s been over a month now. Is there any progress?

Regards,
Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been resolved yet as there are other issues in the queue as well, which were reported prior to your issue. We hope that development team will plan to provide a fix against your issue soon as per their development schedule. We will definitely keep you informed with the status of resolution. We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard. Please spare us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello Asad,

another 5 month passed. Are there any new information?

Regards,
Christian

@Christian_Gilman

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved due to large number of pending issues in the queue. However we have recorded your concerns and shared them with the respective team. As soon as we get some feedback from their side, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there any progress about convert a TEX file into PDF which uses additional packages?

@Kesser

Regretfully, the ticket is not yet resolved. We tested the scenario with 20.12v of the API and noticed that the Exception thrown by the API is now changed. The information of the earlier logged ticket has been updated accordingly. Also, we have updated the ticket priority to the next level. We will surely inform you as soon as we have some certain news regarding its fix. We highly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Asad,

Do you have any news on this topic?

Thx

@alexandrumartin

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket is still pending for resolution. We have however recorded your concerns and will surely inform you in this forum thread as soon as the issue is resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-42497) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.6.