Text disappears if the cell is having multi line text

We are using Aspose cells Gridweb to load one of the excel file. After entering the multi line text in cell (lines are separated using space), the text get disappears if we click outside of the cell. This is not happening if the text is in single line. Could you please look at this issue and help us on this?

Attaching the sample file which I’m using and also attaching the code sample.

Aspose_Demo_RazorPages.zip (1.7 MB)

MultiLineText_Issue.zip (6.0 KB)

@nagasivaos
Thanks for the provided resources, we will test it and provide feedback soon.

@nagasivaos,

We require thorough evaluation of the issue you mentioned. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-55142

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for prompt response. Could you please let us know what is root cause. Is there any workaround which I can apply in code ?

@nagasivaos

Please share us some time to evaluate your issue. We will get back once there are some updates.

@nagasivaos
The process is:
after file is loaded. For example, if the cell text is a/nb, the html cell content is:

a/nb

When doing edit operation we use span.innerText to set the edit box value which makes the content changed to:

a<br>b

Finally, when performing the update, use the span.textContent to change the content:

ab

So the above is the root cause. For the workaround: you can search the block “text_inner=span.textContent” in acwmain.js and update it to “text_inner=span.innerText”, then it will be ok.
We will fix it in the next release.

Thank you so much the quick help. However, m not able to find text_inner=span.innerText block in acwmain.js, I see below code which is already using span.innerText.

Could you please let me know if there is any other place where we need to update span.innerText

image.png (80.9 KB)

@nagasivaos
You need to get the latest v24.2 acwmain.js from npmjs.
Please search the block “text_inner=span.textContent”.

@nagasivaos,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as"CELLSNET-55142") has been resolved. The fix/enhancement will be include in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v24.3 package) that we plan to publish in the first half of March (next month). You will be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-55142) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi