Text extraction from image

plz tell me the full procedure step by step to perform text extraction from image through eclipse

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Tahir Manzoor.

plz send me all the information related to my topic on my email id swatianupam11@gmail.com

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Tahir Manzoor.

Hi Swati,

Thank you for considering Aspose products, and welcome to Aspose.OCR support forum.

First of all, please download the latest version of Aspose.OCR for Java 1.7.0 and its resource file. Now, assuming that you are already familiar with Eclipse environment and you can create a simple Java Project, you may move forward to add the reference of aspose-ocr-1.7-jdk1x.jar in the “Java Build Path” using the “Libraries” tab. Once done, you are ready to write code to perform OCR operation on any specified image. Performing the OCR operation can be achieved through below provided simple steps; whereas detailed article and source code snippets are available on this documentation link.

• Create an instance of OcrEngine.
  • Set the path of the resource file or resource folder using the OcrEngine.setResource method.
  • Set the image file on which OCR is to be performed using the OcrEngine.setImage method.
  • Add language(s) using the OcrEngine.getLanguages().addLanguage() method.
  • Call the OcrEngine.process method to perform OCR on the whole image.
  • If OcrEngine.process method returns true, get the recognized text with the OcrEngine.getText property.

Please note, Aspose.OCR for Java API currently supports Arial, Times New Roman, Courier New, Tahoma, Calibri & Verdana fonts in Regular, Bold & Italic styles. Supported languages are English, French, Spanish and Cyrillic, whereas supported image formats are BMP and TIFF.

In case you face any difficulty, please feel free to write back anytime.