Text formating - old background color frame visible after text replacement

Hi Aspose team,

I created simple PDF document where some words are formated in different ways.

For example, word Oliver is bold, underline, bacground color=> yellow, foreground color => red.

Then I am searching for Oliver and want to replace it with New Phrase where background color is now green.

Replacement is done, also background color is present but my old background color is still visible (it is little bit bigger than new background color frame).

I set same font and font size like in original phrase.

Also there is problem with Font Style (bold/italic/underline).

Project and test file is attached also.

P.S. License file is removed from the project.

Thanks for help,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry.

dr_oli:
I created simple PDF document where some words are formated in different ways.

For example, word Oliver is bold, underline, bacground color=> yellow, foreground color => red.

Then I am searching for Oliver and want to replace it with New Phrase where background color is now green.

Replacement is done, also background color is present but my old background color is still visible (it is little bit bigger than new background color frame).

I set same font and font size like in original phrase.

I have tested the scenario and noticed the background color issue. So logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-38022 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution.

dr_oli:
Also there is problem with Font Style (bold/italic/underline).

Please note as per my observation bold and italic font styles are working find. However underline is not being apply to replaced text completely. So I have logged the issue as PDFNEWNET-38023 in our issue tracking system for rectification. We will keep you updated about issues’ resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

thanks for quick response.
What about duplicated background color?
In my document you can see old background frame (little bit bigger than new) and new background frame.

This also looks like a bug, right?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes duplicate background color is a bug and as stated above we have logged issue PDFNEWNET-38022 to rectify it. We will keep you updated about the issues’ resolution progress within this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal Ahmad,

do you have any estimate when you will work on this issue?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issues’ investigation is pending due to the other issues already under investigation and resolution. We will share an ETA as soon as our development team completes the investigation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-38022,PDFNET-38023) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.5.