Text Formatting Help

I’m trying to do some simple formatting like underlining and font color etc, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I think im not understanding how to apply styles to the text, if someone could let me know where I’m going wrong, that would be fantastic.

I have a function that returns a byte array of the pdf, and it works, but the text is unformatted.
Below is the meat of the code:

com.aspose.pdf.elements.Pdf pdf1 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Pdf();
//add a section
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Section sec1 = pdf1.getSections().add();
//add a table
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Table table = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Table(sec1);
String widths = “150 120 200”;
table.setColumnWidths(widths);
//add a row
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Row row1 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Row(table);
row1.getDefaultCellTextInfo().setTextColor(com.aspose.pdf.elements.Color.Green);
table.getRows().add(row1);
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell cell11 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell(row1, “text”);
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell cell12 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell(row1,“text”);
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell cell13 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell(row1,“text”);
row1.getCells().add(cell11);
row1.getCells().add(cell12);
row1.getCells().add(cell13);
java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();
//doc.save(baos, SaveFormat.DOC);
pdf1.save(baos);
return baos.toByteArray();

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I've tested the code snippet that you've shared and I'm unable to notice the problem with the attached latest hotfix of Aspose.Pdf for Java. I've also attached the HotFix and the resultant PDF document. Please take a look.

[Java]

com.aspose.pdf.elements.Pdf pdf1 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Pdf();
//add a section
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Section sec1 = pdf1.getSections().add();
//add a table
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Table table = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Table(sec1);
String widths = "150 120 200";
table.setColumnWidths(widths);

//Add the table object in the paragraphs collection of the section
sec1.getParagraphs().add(table);

//add a row
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Row row1 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Row(table);
row1.getDefaultCellTextInfo().setTextColor(com.aspose.pdf.elements.Color.Green);
table.getRows().add(row1);
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell cell11 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell(row1, "text");
row1.getDefaultCellTextInfo().setTrueTypeItalic(true);
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell cell12 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell(row1,"text in Italic");
// when a new TextInfo is provided, the previously set information is over written
row1.getDefaultCellTextInfo().setUnderLine(true);
com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell cell13 = new com.aspose.pdf.elements.Cell(row1,"text in UnderLine and Italic");
row1.getCells().add(cell11);
row1.getCells().add(cell12);
row1.getCells().add(cell13);

FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(new File("d:/pdftest//TextInGreen_InsideTableCell..pdf"));
pdf1.save(out);

I would also recommend you to visit the following link for related information. Using Default Cell Information

In case it does not resolve your problem or you've any further query, please feel free to contact.

Looks like i just needed the newer file, my code works now.

Also we are not considering, we purchased a few years ago :stuck_out_tongue: