Text gets bold and truncated after DOCX to PDF conversion using .NET

Hi,

When converting a DOCX with some text using the usual Arial font to PDF, the font of the text gets bold unexpectedly and pushed the text to two rows.

Code:
var doc = new Document(@".\test.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz.HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
doc.Save(@".\test.pdf");

Looking at the Fonts properties in the PDF, it looked like ‘Arial Bold’ was embeded even if it was not used in the DOCX.

I’ve attached the test files and a screenshot for your reference. Could you please help me take a look:

test.zip (44.8 KB)
image.png (43.1 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20608 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I understood this issue is still being investigated. However, I’d like to get a bit background on this issue.

Could you provide some info on why/when the issue would happen? I could see in some of the text using Arial font, it uses ‘Arial’ correctly, but in some text, it used ‘Arial Bold’ mistakenly in PDF.

If we can have more visibility on when it would happen and what could trigger such issue, it will help on our side.

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

The font also gets changed from regular to bold on conversion from DOCX to DOC. This issue is under analysis phase. We will share the root cause of this issue with you after analysis,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20608) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.8 update.