Text Highlight Color not working on converted word document from HTML

I have a .net application which converts word document to html to show on internet browser. As per application requirement it is also required to have ability to download word version of the document which is shown in html on a internet browser.We are facing issues on reverting back text highlights in downloaded word document from the HTML. The HTML was produced from a word document and has some texts highlighted exactly as in the original word document. However we can remove text highlights by completely removing formatting of the selected text, which we do not want to do but want to use “Text Highlight Color” option to remove back color. Please see the attached copy of both word documents and HTML of the original document inside zip folder. I have latest version of Aspose.

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that MS Word and HTML formats are quite different so sometimes it’s hard to achieve 100% fidelity. Upon processing HTML, some features of HTML might be lost.

Please use Font.HighlightColor property to get or set the highlight (marker) color and use Shading.BackgroundPatternColor property to get or set the color that’s applied to the background of the Shading object.

As per my understanding, you want to revert back the highlighted color from Html to Word document. Aspose.Words exports the highlighted color as shown below in output HTML. You can get this color by using Run.Font.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor property.

If you want to remove shading color, please use Shading.ClearFormatting method.

Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1 Step 1

If you still face problem, please share complete detail of your use case along with expected output. We will then provide you more information about your query.