Text inside curly brackets is not output when using AWExporterParameter.RECOGNIZE_FIELDS

Hi support,

Used library: Aspose Words 20.4

I use AWExporterParameter.RECOGNIZE_FIELDS to create page numbers, TOC, etc.
When the data to be reported also contains curly brackets (ex. ‘{my text}’), instead of that content only an error message is output to the report: ‘Error! Bookmark not defined.’

In Aspose Words version 17.6.0 only the braces were removed (also not perfect) and the output contained at least the text inside the braces: ‘{my text}’ -> ‘my text’.

Is there any way to escape the braces in my data text if I want them to be ignored from field recognition?
Suggestion: If you get an exception when you transform the text between braces into fields, than keep that text unchanged including the braces instead of outputting the error ‘Error! Bookmark not defined.’

Many thanks for your help.
Dan

@dan.albutiu

Please ZIP and attach your .jrprint and .jrxml along with data source here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hi Tahir,
Please find attached the .jrprint, .jrxml and the output of the report.
Many thanks,
Dan
attachments.zip (119.3 KB)

@dan.albutiu

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 20.4 and have not found the shared issue. So, please use Aspose.Words for JasperReports 20.4. We have attached the output DOCX with this post for your kind reference. output.zip (6.0 KB)

Hi Tahir,
Thank you for your fast response. I am already using Aspose.Words for JasperReports 20.4.
Please make sure you set AWExporterParameter.RECOGNIZE_FIELDS = true in your tests.
I also get your output when this parameter is false.
I need to set this parameter to true because i am using fields in the reports (Date, Page, etc).
Best regards,
Dan

@dan.albutiu

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-292 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.