Text is missing when adding dollar sign in PDF - Aspose.PDF

This could be the same issue as PDFNET-17143 but the method I’m using to get to the issue is different, so I’m posting.

The $ character after a new line causes all text prior to (and including) the dollar sign to be “lost”.

The pdf is being created using BindXML with the XML being created by SQL Server, so I can’t do the workaround listed in the other post. The section of the XML generating the issue, looks like this…
1 - test line 1#$NL2 - this text gets lost $130,000.00#$NL3 - this text is fine#$NL4 - this text will also be lost because it has $1000 in the comments

I would expect the output to be this
1 - test line 1
2 - this text gets lost $130,000.00
3 - this text is fine
4 - this text will also be lost because it has $1000 in the comments

but the output looks like this…
1 - test line 1
3 - this text is fine
1000 in the comments

I have recently upgraded to Aspose.PDF 4.3.0.0 and this was not an issue before upgrading (though we upgraded all the way from 3.6). If I remove all the dollar signs, it looks fine (minus having the dollar signs). Also, if I remove all the #$NL tags, it looks fine (minus line breaks). But having both in causes the text to be lost.

-Thad

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I am pleased to inform you that the issue has been resolved and we are currently busy with the testing of HotFix. Please spare us little time and we will get back to you with the status of correction, shortly.

Your cooperation and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, As you have shared that the contents are coming from the database and you cannot update the contents. So I would request you to be patient and wait for the hotfix.

I need a timeline for when a fix or workaround will be available, so I can determine if I need to do a rollback.

I dislike being impatient, but I currently have an 80 person sales team unable to generate offers because of this issue.

Question: if I do need to rollback, will Aspose.Words 9.1.0.0 work with Aspose.PDF 3.6.0.0? The only reason PDF was updated was because the new version of Words was needed and it seemed better to keep everything at the same version.

Hi,

I have contacted the development team to share the ETA regarding the resolution of this problem and once I have some updates, I would be pleased to update you with the status of correction.

Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf work independently and as per my understanding, the usage of different versions of two products might not cause any problem except for the case when we are using the legacy/conventional method of converting Word documents into PDF format using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf. Nevertheless, I am still not certain about your exact requirement.

If you have so much urgency, then you may revert back to the older version and try using it. In case you encounter any issues, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I have discussed this matter with the development team and we expect to release the HotFix containing the resolution of this problem by the mid of this month (June-2010). Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17143) have been fixed in this update.