Text placement not correct when converting from PDF to PDF/A

hi,

we are converting documents originating from SAP systems from PDF to PDF/A and some of the text is not placed where it is in the original PDF document. specifically right-aligned columns in a table are no longer right-aligned.

unfortunately i can not post the original document here, just pictures of parts of the document.

thanks,
erichconversion_problem_original.PNG (4.2 KB)
conversion_problem_result.PNG (4.3 KB)test_EDIT4.pdf (19.4 KB)
aaeea013-8f2f-4001-b8c3-7e21c24c02db.pdf (93.0 KB)

now i uploaded the pdf files:

test_EDIT4.pdf is the obfuscated original
aaeea013-8f2f-4001-b8c3-7e21c24c02db.pdf is the resulting PDF/A

@freunber

I have been able to reproduce the issue on our end. A ticket with ID PDFJAVA-40513 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue on our end. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

thank you!

i forgot to write that we are using Java, not C++ or C#

@freunber

Thanks for the update. I have updated the issue ID accordingly.

do you have an update on this problem ?

@freunber

Please note that it was logged in free support model and will be investigated and resolved on a first come first serve basis. We will surely inform you as soon as we make some definite progress towards its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

do you have an update on this problem, there was no update for 4 weeks ?

@freunber

We are afraid there is not any update yet. We will let you know once some progress will be made.

do you have an update on this problem ? we need to convert those documents originating from SAP directly and we need a solution very soon.

@freunber

Regretfully, the ticket is pending for a resolution. However, we have recorded your concerns and will surely update you as soon as the ticket gets resolved.

Your answer is really disappointing. We are waiting for a solution since Months. After some tests we found out that most of your competitors like PDFtron and others are able to process this SAP generated PDF correctly. I’m sure your potential customers will value a hint that conversion of SAP generated PDFs is weak.

@freunber

Please note that the issues in free support model are resolved on a first come first serve basis and we are afraid that earlier logged ticket could not get resolved due to other issues in the queue logged prior to it. We will let you know once any update will be available. We apologize for the inconvenience.