Text position changes in PDF output wrt Source document

Hi,

While converting attached document into PDF using Aspose Words for Java, several words have changed their exact position vis-a-vis source document.

E.g. if you notice line # 7, it ends with ‘Anticipating’ in source, but output has ‘Anticipating risks’ in target. Few lines ahead on line #11, source has ‘more’ but target has ‘more successful’, and so on. There are few other occasions as well in entire documents, and there are few other documents affected with this document as well, am attaching only one here.

Please check …

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. This does not seem to be an issue with Aspose.Words. You can try opening this Word document with Microsoft Word 2013 to confirm similar behavior (see attached screenshot). If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

But customer is using Office 2010 in which this document is created, so why should the behavior be tested with Word 2013 ?

Is Office 2010 not supported by Aspose ??

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.8.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10883. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Secondly, yes, Aspose.Words supports MS Word 2010.

Best regards,

Thanks Awais …

Please share as and when any analysis / feedback is available from your dev team.

I am actually curious to know how exactly will this get fixed … will they hardcode the behavior wrt 2010 or they’ll keep the fix dynamic / intelligent in terms of identifying first which version is the document created with and then generate the output accordingly SO that it can satisfy both users - those who’re using 2010 as well as 2013.

You may add this point in the bug for them.

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have logged your comment in our issue tracking system. We will keep you informed of any developments and let you know once this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Please make this issue ES with Major priority under AjeshEMC a/c quota.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Awais,

Please make this issue ES with Major priority under AjeshEMC a/c quota.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for your request.

But, you mentioned that the provided document was created in Word 2010; however, further investigation shows that it is actually created in Word 2013. In this case, Aspose.Words can render the document as Word 2010 with the following code:

Document doc = new Document(@"Key data word_Test.docx");
doc.CompatibilityOptions.OptimizeFor(MsWordVersion.Word2010);
doc.Save(@"Key data word_Test.pdf");

So, we suggest you to use the code above to get the output similar to Word 2010.

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Rajiv,

Regarding WORDSNET-10883, our development team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. Please see the workaround in my previous post.

Best regards,